At Birk’s Restaurant, we pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, not only on the service we provide, but also on our choice to prepare and serve grass fed beef that is a healthier alternative to traditional beef.
For our guests looking for a tasty beef dish with health benefits, we’d like to introduce you to our grass fed beef, especially our grass fed bone in rib chop, skirt steak and filet mignon dishes. Birk’s is proud to offer grass fed beef to our customers, not only for the ultimate in taste sensation, but also for the health benefits grass fed beef offers.
For those who might be wondering about the differences in grass fed versus grain fed beef, Birk’s Restaurant offers the following information:
- Grass fed beef comes from cattle whose typical diet primary diet is grass, supplemented by other foraged foods. Conventional beef cattle have diets composed of grains such as corn.
- The nutrients in grass fed beef provide less fat, more omega-3 fatty acids, more antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin E, and more conjugated linoleic acid which is considered to reduce heart disease and reduce the risks of cancer
- A serving of grass fed beef is equal in fat to skinless chicken, deer, or elk
- People who eat grass fed beef derive fewer calories from their meals than people who eat corn fed beef
- The taste of grass fed beef is richer an more appealing than corn fed
- Animals that are kept on a grass fed diet have the benefit of additional exposure to omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in plants and are less common in the standard American diet. Omega-3 has been beneficial to helping people lower their blood pressure, have a regular heartbeat, decrease the likelihood of having a heart attack by 50%, decrease the chances of being afflicted with depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, slow or reverse the weight loss that accompanies advanced cancer, recover from cancer surgery, and respond better to the effects of chemotherapy.
Birk’s understands and appreciates our customers have a choice in their restaurants and the food they choose to order. We see the value in offering an alternative to corn fed beef and hope our customers appreciate the option of being served grass fed beef. For help in deciding which grass fed beef dishes our chef’s prepare, please ask our servers or refer to our menu. We are pleased to offer these tasty dishes on our lunch as well as our dinner menus.